- Key features
- 100% Carbon Oval tapered shaft 35mm stiffness
- Standard 87”cut-to-length shaft
- Shaft also accepts 6” Carbon T LeverLock™ handle (sold separately)
- Carbon fiber, bladder molded EVA wrapped Ergo-dynamic grip
- 12K 100% Prepreg Blade (with ABS reinforced tip)
- 12 degree blade sweep for optimal power
- Foiled to minimize turbulence, providing the smoothest entry/exit possible
- Curved tip and concave power face for a quick catch and easy release
- Shipping & Returns
- Our hassle-free 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee is designed to give you peace of mind
- Changed your mind? If you aren't delighted with your purchase, you can return a product within 30 days and we will happily refund the purchase price.
- You can return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund
For more info please check out our Terms & Conditions
- Product Specifications
Even the fastest boards in the world can be faster with an effective paddle. This is why we have spent so much time retooling our paddle line (literally) from blade, to oval shaped shaft to, ergo handle. Our new blade design has been optimized to have a higher aspect ratio, more catch, and a cleaner release. This is a fancy way of saying we have made our blades even faster in and out of the water. Additionally, we wrapped the edge in ABS to protect against impact damage. Our proprietary shaft design is a tapered oval to round ID that can accept either a stardard, EVA wrapped, cut to fit, carbon handle, OR a Lever Lock 6” carbon adjustable handle for the ultimate in performance adjustability. No more cutter’s regret! You can now seamlessly change up your paddle length between surfing and racing. One paddle, more options.
The design and performance of SIC paddle blades is based around three phases of an efficient paddle stroke:
The Catch Our blade are designed for a smooth entry into the water with minimal splash or blade rotation during entry. This allows the blade to become firmly planted in the water for the second phase of the stroke…
The Pull This is where power is applied from the paddler, to the blade, into the water and is what propels you forward. Keeping the blade slightly narrower and longer than traditional SUP paddle blades gives you several “gears” depending on how deeply you insert the paddle into the water. Together with a slight dihedral in the blade it also reduces cavitation (flutter) for maximum transfer of power from body to blade to water.
The Recovery Just as important as the Catch, a clean recovery minimizes power loss and maintains rhythm. Oxbow paddle blades have minimal ‘curve’ in the blade and a thin profile. This allows the blade to “pop” out of the water at the end of the stroke quickly and cleanly. The thin profile also increases blade performance when feathering the paddle through the water, which is an advanced recovery technique used in many situations, from helping maintain balance to course corrections.